Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Into the woods...

My mind is wandering between downtown living and the woods....

For all sorts of reasons, I am focusing in on the parts of both worlds,  that bring me joy.  On a drive last night in the woods just outside downtown, we saw three beautiful deer grazing on someones lawn.  We stopped and Dave whispered so not to disturb our gentle friends,  'do you wish deer would stop by your yard'?  Um, I believe so yes!  Moments later we were downtown again, having a bite to eat in one of our favorite eateries.  The libra in me, loves the back and forth.  The yin and the yang.  I need both worlds and know that about myself well.  The trees speak to me in healing ways, and their stillness reminds me of what I need more of in my life.  Like the trees, the urban rush of downtown offers it's own gifts.  The collective energy and bustle, is good for my slow moving ways.  I LOVE walking about, with Charlie and Sam.  Meeting Dave for lunch spontaneously.  Stopping in local shops for tea and groceries, and knowing the faces well.  Connecting.  I love that at this moment in time, I am able to love and take full advantage of both ends....celebrate the beauty in both worlds.  I know no matter where I live....I will always seek out what I need.  The worlds are closer than we think...

In the studio...
Today is about taking back the house after a busy few home days.  A truth about being an artist these days, art kind of comes in last a lot.  In this moment. But that's ok, the people and parts of my life coming in first at the moment are pretty awesome, and are their own kind of masterpiece.  I struggle less and less these days with how art will come to be in my day, and somehow it just always shows up. 

This little fox photograph was my way of getting a bit closer to nature last week, while right in the city.  Foxes are on my radar for painting soon - I LOVE them so....this is a way of loosening up my mind and letting these sly fellows take up some space.  Play is the best opening for creativity....I am grateful today to know that, and embrace such things!

No comments:

Post a Comment